Name: Linda Leestemaker
Date of birth: 28-07-1992
Drivers license: yes
2014 – 2016: University Leiden. Master Archaeology
- Classical and Mediterranean Archaeology + Museum Studies
- Neolithisation in the Near East + Maritime archaeology
- Thesis: The viewshed of Samnium in the 2nd century BC: did visibility play a role in building Samnitic sanctuaries
- 08/2015: Excavation/survey LERC – Molise, Italy
- Cleaning human skeletons for PhD-students
- In Situ Magazine 2015-2016. Journalist, art director, deputy editor in chief.
08-05-2015: Emergeny Response Officer
15-04-2015: Basic safety VCA
2009 – 2013: University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, Faculty of Journalism
2012: Rhodes University South-Africa (minor)
- Inkwenkwezi Volunteers (Helping young Xhosa-children learn English)
2004 – 2009: HAVO Montessori Lyceum Amsterdam
- 2009 MSA writing contest (fiction) – 3th place
2017 – present PR & Marketing manager More Eyewear & Your Eyewear
2017 – present Editor and text writer Castle de Haar
- Editor and text writer for the summer/fall exhibition 2018 Films & stars in De Haar
2017 – present Online media manager Zwart op Wit Bookstore
- Blogger en online critic
- Consulting function in the future social media strategy, and in acquisition of new YA and Children’s books
2011 – present Freelance journalist & media consultant
- Reports, reviews, interviews, blogs
- Consulting function in the research on Dutch minorities for a play made by South African artist Tyson Ngubeni.
- Consulting function in the development of a marketing/pr-strategy for debute novel Accumulation.
- Designer, creator, and/or co-founder Mriswah.nl, Nofearproductions.nl, Leestemaker.nl, and Facebook-campaign Claudy Jongstra.
- Current social media manager and blogger Zwartopwitboekhandel.nl & Facebook (now offline).
- Participant National November Writing Month 2015&2016
2014 – 2017 Extra’s coördinator
- Hollow – also 1st A.D. (producer: WeMakeVR)
- Get Lost – (director: Mirjam de With)
- Het leven is vurrukkulluk – (director: Frans Weisz)
- Celblok H, season 4 – also assistant production manager (producer: Fiction Valley)
- A Real Vermeer – (director: Rudolf van den Berg)
- Prey– also 3th A.D. (director: Dick Maas)
- Free State – also production assistant (director: Theu Boermans
2013– present Leest&Maakt ‘t
2013– 2017 Bookseller and head online media Zwart op Wit Bookstore
2014 – 2015 ARCHOL Leiden
- Washing of archaeological finds.
- Excavation A12VEG (Late Prehistory/Stone Age)
2013 – 2014 Publicity assistant Publishing house De Bezige Bij
- Publicity assistant Non-Fiction and Translated Literature
- Website, newsletter, public relations with authors and press.
2013 Online editor Quest Braintainment (internship)
- Online articles (interviews, reports, weekly item ‘Today in…’, HTML, and newsletter
2013 Amsterdam editor Metro Holland BV (internship)
- Interviews, reports, news, weekly page on nightlife in Amsterdam
2011 – 2013 CLEEFT.nl
- Reporter on film, art, travel, music, and books.
- Reproter National Arts Festival South Africa
2010 Betram&Brood bakery
2010 Online marketing employee Leylines
- Writing marketingblogs, keeping up PR-lists (Twitter, internetpage’s and Facebook), making final reports for costumers
2009 – 2010 TNT courier (Diemen)
Knowledge of computarisation
Final Cut Pro
Dutch: native speaker
English: fluent in speech and writing
German: moderate in speech
French: basic in understanding and reading